Monday, February 3, 2020

Momming It on the Weekends

I don't know why I can't wait for weekends anymore. It feels like more work, to be honest. Sure, sometimes I get to sleep in a little bit and that's nice. Matt usually works on Saturday mornings, all four kids are home both days, all of the laundry needs to be done because I've ignoring it during the week because I don't feel well, and it never fails, something always goes wrong.
I keep forgetting to take a picture of her coming off of the bus, but Lucy is adorable. I know I say it a lot, but something about her personality makes her extra cute. Lots of times she comes home with an article of clothing in a plastic bag tied to her backpack. Sometime she pees her pants but on Friday she got her sleeve wet and she will not tolerate wet clothes. At all. You splash her? Outfit change. Spilled a tiny bit of water on herself? Outfit change. On this day she got some water on herself and its a good thing I have several pieces of clothes at school for her because I know it's a pain. I just always think its funny watching her walk around with this bag.
She also had her first episode of puking this weekend. That happened on Friday night. Out of nowhere she threw up at dinner and the rest of the night was shot. All of Saturday was shot, too.
So we decided to let Pep and Lu do a pajama day and they didn't do much other than watch their shows and color. Or play Legos. I ended up taking a four hour nap because I didn't feel good at all, but not in a pukey way, more of the everything-on-my-body-hurts kind of way.

When I woke up Matt and I made plans to have dinner with my parents and my brother who was up for the day to help them. It didn't occur to me until afterwards that this was like a last hurrah. It's a whole thing and I'm still navigating through it so I can't really write it out (I will eventually just not anytime soon), but on the ride home I realized this is probably the last time I'll be with my brother and parents at the same time. At least anytime soon.

So I told Matt to turn around and go back to mom's house so I can get a picture.
We ended up getting a few and I don't want to share them all, but I liked this one of my brother and I. (He's the biggest Chiefs fan for almost his whole life so them being in a Super Bowl is the dream for him.) It was a nice dinner out and I didn't even cry until later at night so I was happy my medications held out for as long as they did.


We got home, got everyone to bed, Matt fell asleep first and I tried to read but couldn't get into it. I tried taking some Unisom to fall asleep, totally doesn't work. It only left me awake but groggy and thinking about life, things happening, how things are changing, the future, and how I don't really feel in control of anything at all. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. As soon as I felt like I was almost there, I hear Penelope crying "help me, I puking" and she barfed in the hallway. I had to wake Matt up because I just cannot deal with puke.

So we spent most of Sunday with our second puker. It's only a matter of time the rest of us get it. Ugh.

In other news, the Kansas City Chiefs WON THE SUPER BOWL and that is amazing. My brother is a die hard fan for life and I am so glad they have finally gotten there and won. Our house got loud and I'm sure his was unreal. He's probably going to have the best Monday ever.

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Aw, Lucy is so cute. Sorry about all the puking, and not feeling well though. I'm not a fan of puke either. I don't really watch football, but my family wanted the Chiefs to win, and I'm glad they did!